- No products in the cart.
— EBook in PDF Format — Will be Available Instantly after Successful Payment.
About This Book
- Get a thorough understanding of the fundamentals and framework of Android sensors.
- Acquire knowledge of advance sensor programming, and learn how to connect and use sensors in external devices such as the Android Watch, Polar heart rate monitors, Adidas speed cells, and so on.
- Learn from real-world sensor-based applications such as the Pedometer app to detect daily steps, the Driving app to detect driving events, and the Professional Fitness tracker app to track heart rate, weight, daily steps, calories burned, and so on.
Who This Book Is For
This book is targeted at Android developers who want to get a good understanding of sensors and write sensor-based applications, or who want to enhance their existing applications with additional sensor functionality. A basic knowledge of Android development is required
What You Will Learn
- Learn about sensor fundamentals, different types of sensors, and the sensor co-ordinate system
- Understand the various classes, callbacks, and APIs of the Android Sensor framework
- Check all the available sensors on an Android device and know their individual capabilities―for example, their range of values, power consumption, and so on.
- Implement sensor fusion using two or more sensors together and learn to compensate for the weakness of one sensor by using the strength of another
- Build a variety of sensor based, real-world applications such as Weather, Pedometer, Compass, Driving Events Detection, Fitness Tracker, and so on.
- Get to know about wake