- No products in the cart.
— EBook in PDF Format — Will be Available Instantly after Successful Payment.
Cryogenic Heat Transfer, Second Edition continues to address specific heat transfer problems that occur in the cryogenic temperature range where there are distinct differences from conventional heat transfer problems. This updated version examines the use of computer-aided design in cryogenic engineering and emphasizes commonly used computer programs to address modern cryogenic heat transfer problems. It introduces additional topics in cryogenic heat transfer that include latent heat expressions; lumped-capacity transient heat transfer; thermal stresses; Laplace transform solutions; oscillating flow heat transfer, and computer-aided heat exchanger design. It also includes new examples and homework problems throughout the book, and provides ample references for further study.
New in the Second Edition:
- Expands on thermal properties at cryogenic temperatures to include latent heats and superfluid helium
- Develops the material on conduction heat transfer and divides it into four separate chapters to facilitate understanding of the separate features and computational techniques in conduction heat transfer
- Introduces EES (Engineering Equation Solver), a computer-aided design tool, and other computer applications such as Maple
- Describes special features of heat transfer at cryogenic temperatures such as analysis with variable thermal properties, heat transfer in the near-critical region, Kapitza conductance, and network analysis for free-molecular heat transfer
- Includes design procedures for cryogenic heat exchangers