- No products in the cart.
— EBook in PDF Format — Will be Available Instantly after Successful Payment.
Oracle® Solaris 11 System Administration covers every skill required to effectively install and administer the Oracle® Solaris 11.1 operating system in production environments. It features dozens of step-bystep “learn by example” procedures, demonstrating how to apply complex solutions in real-world data center environments.
Author Bill Calkins has administered and taught Oracle Solaris and its predecessors for more than twenty years. He also helped develop the newest Oracle Certified Associate (OCA) and Oracle Certified Professional (OCP) exams, which raise the bar for Solaris certification. This guide covers every new 1Z0-821 exam topic in detail and also covers many 1Z0-822 exam topics.
Calkins also reviews the changes that system administrators will face when upgrading to Solaris 11.1 and presents new ways to perform familiar tasks on both SPARC and x86 hardware. You’ll learn how to
- Install the Solaris 11 Operating Environment with Live Media or Text Interactive installers
- Install, manage, and update software with the Image Packaging System and IPS repositories
- Understand, customize, and troubleshoot SPARC and x86 boot processes from system power-up to loading the OS (including coverage of ILOM, OpenBoot, and GRUB 2)
- Administer and create services through the service management facility (SMF)
- Configure system messaging using SMF notifications, syslog and rsyslog
- Configure and administer ZFS storage pools, including ZFS on the boot drive, local disks, LUNs, and a SAN
- Configure and manage ZFS file systems: encryption, redundancy, snapshots, clones, network sharing, monitoring, device replacement, and legacy UFS migration
- Create, migrate, contain, and administer zones, including solaris10 branded and immutable zones
- Use RBAC to create custom rights profiles and grant special privileges
- Manage and monitor system process scheduler (including FSS process schedulers and proc tools)
- Configure Solaris networking and network services, including Reactive and Fixed Network Configurations, VNICs, and Virtual Networking